Thursday, January 28, 2016

A MAN AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART



Finding The Heart To Go On is an interesting study by Lynn Anderson about the life of David, starting when he was young. Here are a couple of excerpts:

"In his humble years with the sheep, David became teachable. He frequently said things like, "Give me understanding and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart"

"When the hot sun of reality beat down on Saul, his heart hardened like clay. When it beat down on David, his heart melted like butter". 

"David lived during a time of disillusionment and danger, not unlike our world today. But in spite of circumstances, David loved the Lord God with all his Heart, Soul and Mind - and because of this, found hope in the face of hopelessness."

The foreword to the book was an encouragement.
"I went to church that Sunday more out of obligation than inspiration. I arrived late, walked in unnoticed and found a seat near the back of the auditorium. I intended to sneak out before the conclusion. As a college freshman, my interests were more in sowing wild oats than knowing God's word. But the speaker was different from most preachers. Lynn Anderson's tone was tender. His voice was earnest and his message relevant. And that night, God's Word was sown in my heart like never before".
It was surprising to learn that this college freshman (who was planning to sneak out of Lynn's church) was none other than Max Lucado, who is now a best selling author of over 100 books with 80 million copies in print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment