Monday, October 26, 2015

WHO DOESN'T NEED ENCOURAGEMENT?


I believe the church exists, in part, to help people live ready for whatever lies just around the corner. I know a lot of people think differently about the church and question its relevance from time to time. I get that.

But I want to encourage you to re-think the church in this way: It is God’s idea. Jesus left the church behind to be an encouragement to those who need encouragement. And who doesn’t need encouragement? So here’s how Paul instructed the church to be an encouragement:
  • BE DEVOTED TO ONE ANOTHER
  • HONOR ONE ANOTHER
  • ACCEPT ONE ANOTHER
  • SERVE ONE ANOTHER
  • BEAR ONE ANOTHER'S BURDENS
  • PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER
  • INSTRUCT ONE ANOTHER FROM THE WORD
These things will help us live ready for whatever comes our way. Sounds pretty relevant to me.

     
       for whatever lies just around the corner



No comments:

Post a Comment