Saturday, May 16, 2015

A NEW KIND OF NORMAL


In 1999, Carol and Gene Kent had their lives turned upside down when their adult son, an Annapolis grad, was arrested for the murder of his wife’s former husband. 


The book is about choices to live courageously in spite of your circumstances. The author writes: “I will survive, I will persevere, I will forgive, I will trust, I will hold those I live with open hands, I will be thankful and I will choose purposeful action."

I was blessed and encouraged by this well-written biography of grace. If you are facing tough times, I believe you will be blessed too!

Here is a sample from the book: p.29 “Embracing your new kind of normal is the most empowering choice you will ever make. It transcends common sense. It is resistant to old patterns. It is sticky, uncomfortable, agitating and difficult. But it is liberating and life giving and spirit enriching. It changes your life and the lives of everyone who joins you on your journey. And then, quite unexpectedly, you realize you are splashing hope with the lives of others because you have an intimate love relationship with the source of hope.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment